Ah, the first day of school. A time for new notebooks and frantic scribbling (summer reading notes), for meeting up with friends you've missed and haven't been able to harass for months. *Sigh*
I am officially a senior. It's so bizarre. This is it. This is my last first day of high school ever. Wow.
Thoughts on my classes:
1st: Sociology with Melnicoff- I had Melnicoff last year for lit. A lot of people hate her, but I think that's because they're slackers who didn't bring their vocab books to class. She's actually really nice. Katie is in my class (and she looks super with her new, short hair btw :) ), and we sat next to each other. She-who-must-not-be-named-and-should-not-h
2nd: Spanish 3 Honors with DiDonato- Nice teacher, nice class. I don't know anyone except for Katie Conway (*waves to Katie*), and I sort of know Lydia, who sits in front of me. A lot of kids from my class last year are in it, so it's all good. I'm actually excited about the class. Finally I will be able to express myself in another language. Watch out! Hey Fi, can I practice with you? :)
3rd: Western European Lit with Parr- I officially heart Mrs. Parr because she didn't collect notes on Inferno. Mine are incomplete. And besides the fact that Jackie (*waves to Jackie*) and Chris (*waves to Chris*) are in my class, there is nothing else worth mentioning.
4th: Economics with Davis- Okay, kids. Now...I understand that all the little freshman/sophomore/junior girls all find Mr. Davis incredibly cute, but I'm not getting the attraction. I mean, he's not bad to look at...but I'm not *sah-w00n-ing* over him. It might be the fact that I have this tendency to not like anyone who a bunch of other people like (except for that one time...). Anyway, funny class. Plus I sit in front of Sam (*waves to Sam*).
5th: Composition 3- Mostly juniors, some seniors. Boring. Boring. Boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnn
Lunch: I have lunch with Mel (*waves to Mel*), Rachel, Andrea (who promptly asked me about the breast reduction I supposedly had over the summer...do I look like I had one? Apparently- get this- Bryan told her. Now, I know I didn't tell Bryan, or any of the boys for that matter, anything about my boobs. Weirdos. Anyway, I'm not doing any of that till...December, I think it is. It was uber-embarassing, though. I figured I might as well just say it on here because it seems like people already know anyway and people will notice when I actually do it...), Nneka, Mike, Bryan (*raises eyebrows*), etc etc etc...if I forgot your name I still love you. Motley group but very cool. Plus I have lunch with Mel again, so rock on. :)
College Algebra: Boring. Boring. Disruptive class. Boring. Boring. Whatever.
After school I went to Journalism with Austin (*waves to Austin*), and then ran across Commercial Boulevard with him later. Yay. :)
And hi to Steve, because you can't have a back-to-school lj entry without saying hi to Steve.
And that's my life, folks. Here's a fun little survey thing courtesy of Court's lj:
Last time you...
Laughed: Today on the phone with Jon.
Cried: Last night.
Bought something: Lunch at school.
Danced: Hmm...not seriously danced. I haven't done that in forever.
Were sarcastic: Hmm...2 seconds ago?
Watched your favorite movie: Last month
Had a nightmare: Sunday night/Monday morning
Last song you heard: The internet is for porn
The Internet is for porn
From, where else? Avenue Q
[ Fashion ]
1. Do you wear a watch: Who needs to know what time it is? Not me!
2. How many coats and jackets do you own: One coat.
3. Do you wear makeup: A little bit.
4. Most expensive item of clothing: Hmm...well, I don't think I have anything totally expensive. Nothing over, say, fifty bucks.
5. What kind of shoes do you wear: Sandals as much as possible, sneakers to school and the gym. I've kind of got this thing for heels now, though. *smiles wickedly* They're just hot, that's what they are!
[ Friends ]
1. Do your friends know you well: I'll second Court's response...close friends do.
2. What do they tend to be like: Funny, intelligent, slightly dramatic, loving
3. Are there traits in you that are universally liked: What now?
4. How many people do you tell everything to: 3
[ Other ]
1. Favorite band: John Mayer, Sarah Mc Lachlan, Katie something...forget her last name, Norah Jones, a lot of Broadway stuff...Goo Goo Dolls
3. Do you find any musicians good-looking: Oh definitely. Michael Cavanagh from Movin' Out? Sweet suffering Jesus...he plays the piano and sings like Billy Joel...what more can a girl want? Plus there's John Mayer...
4. Can you play an instrument: some piano
[ Religion ]
1. Do you detest religion: No. I'm not a huge fan of organized religion...
2. How do you think this universe was formed: God.
3. If you currently follow a religion, do you think people who belong to another religion are ignorant: No, I think it's ignorant to be so close-minded.
4. If you were in a hostage situation, and you were given a choice, to either praise the demon they follow or die, what would you choose: Die, I think.
[ General Questions ]
1. Whom do you believe is the smartest person alive at the moment: Hmm...whoever he is, I hope he wins the election.
2. What do you prefer, a sunny or rainy day: rainy
3. Do you consider yourself lucky: yeah
4. Do you feel pity for people who commit suicide: Well, I feel it more for the people they leave behind. Being suicidal is such a desperate thing that in a small way I'm glad the person ended their pain, but I'm sad that there seemed like no other option for them. I understand those kind of people.
5. Choose one word to describe how you feel most often: I won't go there.
[ Stuff ]
1. Do you own any plaid clothing: nope
2. Do you own Converse shoes: no
3. Do you own Saucony shoes: nope.
4. Do you own old school Nikes: no
5. Do you wear tight pants: haha who doesn't? -amen, Court
6. Is there more than one zipper in your pants: Um...in my sweatpants there are...*shrugs*
7. Do you know what a squatter flap is: lol
8. Do you own a messenger bag: yes
9. Do you wear your messenger bag across your chest: no...that's dorky (no offense, people)
10. Do you own braces: nope..
11. Are braces worn anywhere besides the mouth: Duh. But not on me.
12. Do you have short, shaggy hair: Uh, no.
13. Does your hairstyle exceed a height of 3 inches: God, I hope not. My hair is kinda big though, since it's curly and all.
14. Would you classify your hair as a deadly weapon: lol. No but my- *ahem*. Nevermind.
15. Do you think mohawks are "neat:" *raises eyebrows*
16. Is your hair black or red: lol. You're not leaving me much of an option.
17. Do you have a favorite brand of hair dye: I won't die my hair...I love the color it is now. It's dark brown with some red in it...I love it.
18. Do you own a bandana: a pink one, a blue one, a red one, a floral one, an orange one...
19. Do you wear plugs in your ears: no...
20. Are you amused by safety pins: amused may not be the word
21. Have you ever used duct tape as a sewing substitute: nope
22. Do you own one or more objects with studs or spikes in them: No
23. Do you own one or more articles of clothing from Dogpile, Lip Service, or Tiger of London: no
24. Do you enjoy leopard print: not for me, thanks.
[ Habits/Beliefs ]
25. Are you disgruntled (having a general hate for everything): No.
26. Are you an anarchist: No
27. Does the American flag anger you: You know, I've taken some psychology tests, and they've never asked me this.
28. Are you "working class": For now...
29. Do you dislike "preps": I dislike labels.
30. Do you dislike Hot Topic: I've never been there.
31. Do you smoke cigarettes: Nope
32. Do you smoke cloves: nope
33. Are you a thin waif: Suuuuuuureeeee....riiiiiight...
34. Are you vegan/vegetarian: no
35. Do you think meat is murder: No. Well, I mean, it is...but...
36. Do your nighttime activites involve drunken underage vomiting: I don't do the alcohol thing, and unless I'm with a bunch of bulimics, the answer is no.
37. Have you ever slept in an alley or park: How many times can I say no in one survey? Let's see...
38. Do you wash your hair less than once a week: Now that is just gross...
39. Have you ever gone a week without a shower: ugh! ick! that's so nasty...
40. Have you ever been avoided due to your odor: I don't think so...I hope not...
41. Do you know who Jack Kerouac is: Yes. On the Road was great.
42. Do you like Mr. Kerouac: Yes. I totally admire him.
43. Should Mumia Abu-jamal be freed from prison: no.
44. Are you a member of the Makeout Club: i'm president...LMAO XD Court...you're the best, girl. But as for me, I need to sign up. Because I think I've earned my membership as of late.
45. Do you say "rad:" No.
[ This or That ]
Me/You: I don't even know "you", so...
Aol/aim: same thing, but AOL is a whore.
Tall/short: You know, these things are very nonspecific. Do I prefer tall or short when it comes to men, when it comes to me, or what?
Lunch/dinner: hmm...dinner. I don't really eat lunch.
NSYNC/BSB: NSYNC always..
Silver/Gold: silver, always
P.S. Snaps if you know what movie the title references.